Saturday, January 7, 2012

Neglecting my blog, but not my artventure...

My initial posts about my Pastel-a-Day adventures are posted on Facebook on my artist page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Edna-M-Kunkel-Art-and-Photography/102775209831438). This means that although I've not posted my art from day 5 or 6 on the days that they were created HERE yet on my blog, new information has been posted there. I'll catch up on posts this weekend, but if you're a reader and a Facebook member, feel free to *Like* my artist page and follow progress there.

A few things that I didn't really think of when I planned my Pastel-a-Day adventure:
  1. I might not be able to work on a big or complicated piece
  2. My normal style is to have things spill across several days, with a fresh perspective on each piece as the morning arrives
  3. I promised myself to NOT rework a piece at least until after February 1, which means if I notice something that I can definitely repair or alter, it's a sniggly thought in the back of my head
  4. I enjoy having to choose a subject matter and just build a piece. Like the work part of my life, getting a piece going (after I get past the motivational threshold) and moving isn't difficult. I struggle with that, likening that aspect of my ethic to that of a technician rather than the creative artist that I want to be.
  5. Looking for subject matter that's inspirational for a given day takes time and usually has me wandering through a boatload of old photos to determine "where will I go today?"

No comments: