Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Neglecting my blog

Dear blog (and my blog followers),

I hope you can forgive me for not writing since last Friday. In Thursday night's softball game, I collided with a guy who seemed to think he was entitled to the second base that I was charged to protect. I have to admit that probably for the first time in my life, I actually dropped the ball on impact. What that means to someone outside my body, is that the impact REALLY must have hurt. Anyway, I played out the game, and was able to hit a zinger past the guy who had run into me when I next got up to bat, and we did win the game. The offshoot is that I have a swollen, green, bruised right hand, which makes typing a little more subject to typographical errors and a tad more difficult. So, although my thoughts continue to flow freely in my head, they're just not flowing as easily onto my keyboard. I've committed to NOT playing volleyball tonight or softball on Thursday, and have been doing my RICE therapy diligently, but there remain some motions that are painful.

So, if you can see it in your heart, please forgive me for not writing as often as I should. Now I have to go convince my dog that I can still play ball with him, albeit with my spastic left hand...

Edna