Thursday, May 3, 2007

Kudos to Bonny Jewelry

Introducing a new addition to my blog, a Kudos section, that will feature the work of other artists.

BonnyJewelry avatarBonny Jewelry (aka BonnyJewelry on Etsy) takes the "Bonny" part of her name from the Scottish origin meaning "beautiful, fair and pretty". Here's what this New Hampshire Etsy store owner has to say about her handcrafted beaded jewelry work:

I love all types of crafts - needlework, painting, cross-stich - but I am totally hooked on making jewelry (I think it's the immediate gratification of making something and being able to wear it right away!) It all started when my best friend introduced me to a little bead shop that she had found. I was overwhelmed with all of the choices and colors that were available and had a difficult time choosing the materials that I wanted to use for my first “creation”. It was all downhill from there (thanks Eileen!)...

I tend to experiment with lots of different beads types and styles – I find that the creative process is ever changing and evolving for me depending upon my mood when I sit down with my beads and design board.

Visit BonnyJewelry on Etsy