Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Trade central here

I've been working at distributing the artist's trading cards that came into my home over the course of the last several weeks. There's been a total of 21 people involved in the trade, each offering 10 cards in exchange for 10 cards in return. So today was the day to arbitrarily select 21 sets of cards and make sure that no one got their own cards back. I'm glad that organization is one of my strengths!

(Okay, anyone who really knows me well enough to visit my home might question my organizational abilities, but that's a separate topic!)

It's an intersting set of cards ranging from original paintings, collages, limited edition photo and art prints; made on canvas, paper, cardstock, matboard; embellished with stitching, drawing, painting, origami, glitter, glass; and packaged in card collector sleeves, little zippered plastic bags, handmade envelopes, patriotic bags with twist-ties. Each card is being sent out in its original card packaging, or in a nice new card sleeve.

Tomorrow is the day to complete all of the postage calculations and prepare all the mailing packages, and then they'll be on their way back across the US and a few locations in Canada. This was a fun adventure, and I will do it again.