Monday, April 2, 2007

Another day drenched in alcohol...

...alcohol ink, that is. Made two sets of 4 matching marble coasters, one set of 2, and 4 larger trivet size marble tiles, plus a bunch of 4x6 starting images, either for decorating boxes, books, or whatever else seems interesting at the time. I also applied a cover to a lovely little Moleskine journal, will need to do the final cutting and trim work after glue is completely dry tomorrow. Previously with "recovering" books, I've had some issues with page curl/crinkling from the moisture that seeps out from the glue. I decided that if I used a totally waterproof layer between the cover and the inner pages, the moisture would not be an issue, and it's not! Excellent.

The images in this blog show the set of matching earrings and necklace that I made for my friend Barb. Yes, I'll have to agree with her that making matched sets will likely increase the marketability of some of my individual pieces. For her lovely suggestion, she'll be getting 2 pairs of earrings--one with posts and one with earwires. Good suggestions should not go without reward!