Sunday, April 1, 2007

Tornado Alley

Ah, yes, Wisconsin and the lovely Midwest. Home of Cheese Curds, the Packers, the Badgers, and tornado magnet. I missed adding a new post last night as I was stuck down in the basement with eyes glued to the tornado warnings running through southwest Wisconsin (and Iowa and Illinois) last evening. My dog, Crash, managed surprisingly well, as this was the first time we were closed in down in the basement. Of course, some of my most important things are my digital art, so the computer went down in the basement with me, as did my digital cameras. So between the dog treats, 2-liter bottle of water, a lovely camp chair, and the little TV to keep me updated, it was an unplanned night off from most things.

Looks like I will not be participating in Art Fair Off the Square after all--got the "we're sorry, so many artists, so few opening" letter in the mail yesterday. Bummer. Made me start looking for some other shows that weekend, but most of those in WI had deadlines that have already passed. I'll have to reconsider whether I'll apply for the Winter Art Festival show run by the same organization...