Sunday, March 25, 2007

Save as Draft...

ElectriKolor BannerOkay, I'm used to writing in an application that automatically saves a draft, and lost a lovely post here after previewing and not saving, so my lesson for the day is Save as Draft and save often. I've re-written the primary content here, but it's never the same. Fortunately for the reader, the second time around is more succinct. : )

Etsy, Etsy, Etsy. Somedays it feels like I need to be obsessed with marketing and driving traffic to my Etsy ElectriKolor storefront, just so that I can make my first sale. I began setting up a shop in the middle of February, and now have over 70 items for sale. My marketing campaign includes an email sent out to family and friends about the opening of my shop, a press release on PRWeb sent to a set of 5 target markets to increase exposure, a small ad to appear in the May issue of Madison Magazine, links from my primary ElectriKolor website, and now, here, I blog.

Edna M. Kunkel's Dialog Boxes I also continue to donate art to organizations that I support, including WPT (Wisconsin Public Television--my 3rd year as a participant in their Arts and Antiques Auction), WPR (Wisconsin Public Radio, just don't tell them that I'm not a listener--but I have buddies who just love public radio), and just dropped off a donation for the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art's Out of the Box Auction. The boxes that I donated are a series of four "Dialog Boxes", painted wooden boxes with an abstract box top and a set of cards inside dedicated to provoke dialog between those intending to marry (or be in a strongly committed relationship). Do you think we will have problems with your family during the holidays? The first thing I noticed about you was… Who will pay bills? With whom will we socialize as a couple? Why are we getting married? All questions with good intentions.