Monday, March 26, 2007

26 divided by 2 is lucky 13?


It's been a beading-kind of day. First, I had to run out to find a specific small gold bead, but had to make 3 stops before finding what I wanted. Had I selected the counterclockwise route, I would have stopped at this store first, but then would have missed an opportunity to stock up on my wooden box blanks, and find a box style that will be just right to contain a set of 4 marble coasters (and save me from constructing boxes this week). In my mind, I really wanted to make a trip up to Baraboo and Turtle Island Beads, but, then, that would have been an expensive shopping trip!


Today's beading frenzy led to creation of 2 pairs of earrings designed to match a lapis lazuli necklace that was purchased with a request for matching earrings, 1 pair of extra long (at least for me) Crazy in Purple and Pink Long Dangle Earrings that are now up for sale in my Etsy shop, and 10 pairs of earrings that I'll be dropping off for consignment a little later this week. Hmmm, I wonder if leaving the production end today with 13 pairs is wise, or am I just being mildly triskaidekaphobic? ; )

Tomorrow night's slide viewing will tell whether my joint application with Stephanie Funck (http://www.handmadebaskets.info/) for a spot in Art Fair Off the Square will end as a successful acceptance. We have joined together in the past for gallery shows, and have created a pseudo-entity for this year's application as a team named "B-ware" because our booth will be filled with baskets, boxes, books, and, if you haven't figured it out yet, things that begin with the letter "b".